This Week’s Practice Schedule
- Thursday, August 15th – PRACTICE CANCELED DUE TO HEAT!
- Friday, August 16th – 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.@ Rio Americano H.S.
- Saturday, August 17th – 8:00 a.m. @ Willow Hills Reservoir (321 Barnhill Dr., Folsom, CA 95630)
Sports Physicals and SportsNet Athletic Clearance
There is a new vendor handling sports clearances. With the new school year fast approaching, please make sure your clearance is complete! You will not be able to participate if you have not been cleared! You can find instructions on the clearance process here.
Woodbridge Cross Country Classic
This year, the Rio Cross Country team will again compete in the Woodbridge High School Cross Country Classic Race at the Silverlakes Sports Complex in Norco on Friday, September 20, 2019, followed the next day (Saturday, September 21, 2019) by a trip to Disneyland. The group will leave the Rio High School parking lot in cars driven by parents, after school on Thursday, September 19, returning on Sunday, September 22 (that means that students will miss school on Friday, September 20). All forms and the itinerary for the trip can be accessed at riotrackxc.com. Please review the Itinerary for trip cost breakdowns and details.
STUDENTS: To join the team on this non-mandatory trip, you must:
- Complete the Student Field Trip Authorization form and the Student Contract and return them to Coach Anton; and
- Pay for the trip either by check, made payable to Rio Americano Athletic Boosters (RAAB) or by credit card through RAAB’s online payment system (NOTE: a 3.1% service fee is charged when paying via credit card). Also note that the cost of the trip increased by a bit to reflect the summer increase in the price for Disneyland tickets. If you’ve already paid in full, don’t worry about the increase. The trip can be paid in full or in two increments of $175 each, with the first payment due July 15, and the final payment due August 16. If this timeline creates a problem for you, let Coach Anton know and we can try to make other arrangements.