The weather has been cold and wet this week, but the athletes have worked hard and practiced through the weather. With the new Rio Track Stadium not quite complete we will continue to use El Camino High School’s Facility as needed. We anticipate using the El Camino Facility through early to mid-March.
With the need to balance different disciplines of Track and Field workouts with having coaches available at both Rio and El Camino we have broken out the practice schedule by discipline/event type.
We strongly encourage all athletes to attend practice at El Camino on the days assigned for their discipline / event however, we understand that transportation may be an issue for some. We will have at least one coach remain at Rio for any athletes that can’t make it to El Camino due to transportation issues.
Coaches will continue to communicate practice times and changes to the athletes however, you can check riotrackxc.com (https://riotrackxc.com/) for the current Track & Field calendar as well as any news updates. Additionally, if you use Google Calendars, you can add the Rio Track & Field calendar (https://email@example.com).
- MONDAY (2/18) – Sprint & Field Events Group Practice at ECHS from 3:30 – 5 p.m. Distance Group Practice at RAHS from 3:15 to 5 p.m.
- TUESDAY (2/19) – Sprint & Field Events Group – NO PRACTICE. Distance Group Practice at ECHS from 3:30 to 5:00 PM
- WEDNESDAY (2/20) – Sprint & Field Events Group Practice at ECHS from 3:30 – 5 p.m. Distance Group Practice at RAHS from 3:15 to 5 p.m.
- THURSDAY (2/21) – Sprint & Field Events Group – NO PRACTICE. Distance Group Practice at ECHS from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m.
- FRIDAY (2/22) – Sprint & Field Events Group Practice at ECHS from 3:30 – 5 p.m. Distance Group Practice at RAHS from 3:15 to 5 p.m. Distance Group Practice at RAHS from 3:15 to 5 p.m.
Clarke Massey Relays (February 23rd)
We will be kicking off our season with the Clarke Massey Relays held at Rancho Cordova High School. This is an invitational meet and a limited number of athletes will participate. You can locate meet info on athletic.net. We are working on our meet entries and will have this finalized shortly. The Coaches will inform Athletes who will be entered by Monday, February 18th. This meet is being held on the Saturday at the end of President’s week, if your athlete can not make this meet please have them inform the coaching staff!
RAAB Membership Dues
If you haven’t already done so, please pay your RAAB dues as soon as possible. Dues are $75 per player for one sport, or $125 for the year for multiple sports. These dues are critical to the success of our Athletic Programs at Rio, paying for coaching stipends, operating expenses, etc. It’s a small amount to pay for all that our children receive from the sports programs. RAAB Membership Dues
https://riotrackxc.com/ is our up to date source for RIO Track & Field information! Please bookmark and visit often. We will also have a weekly email communication as well as the use of the Remind App to keep you informed. Please sign up and spread the word!
Go to the Rio Track and Field Mailing List and sign up to be on our email communication list.
Additionally, you may visit the Rio Track and XC Remind page to add your email or cell number to the Remind contact list.
We will be using our website as well as a weekly email for updates.
The Remind platform will be used for time sensitive communications.