Highlights from Coach Anton’s meeting at Bella Bru on 6/18/2018 regarding the upcoming Cross Country season. All questions or comments should be directed to Coach Anton at (916) 801-8110 or email@example.com. Last updated on 6/21/2018.
Be sure to join the Rio Cross Country mailing list to stay informed on everything Rio XC!
2018 Summer Running Schedule
Non-mandatory Summer running will begin on June 18th at 6 – 7:30 p.m. at Bella Bru Cafe (5038 Fair Oaks Blvd. Carmichael, CA 95608). Coach Anton will host every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for the month of June. Once July starts, practices will move to Ancil Hoffman Park (6700 Tarshes Dr. Carmichael, Ca 95608). Details to follow regarding start times.
2018 Race Schedule
- Sept. 1 – Lagoon Valley (Vacaville)
- Sept. 8 – Willow Hills 5-Way Meet (Folsom)
- Sept. 15 – Woodbridge Invitational (Norco)
- Sept. 22 – Pacific Tiger (Stockton)
- Sept. 29 – Capital Cross (Hagen Oaks)
- Oct. 10 – Center Meet (Willow Hills, Folsom)
- Oct. 17 – Hoka Postal Meet (Jesuit Hs.)
- Oct. 24 – League Champs (Willow Hills, Folsom)
- Nov. 3 – Sub Sections (Angels Camp)
- Nov. 10 – Sections (Willow Hills, Folsom)
- Nov. 24 – State Meet (Fresno)
- Woodbridge Cross Country Classic – Disneyland Authorization Form & Itinerary
- Online Payment through RAAB
- Options include full payment ($298.70 for Runners only, due by July 15), partial payment (2 X $149.35 due by July 15/August 17, respectively. Runners only), and additional Disneyland tickets for parents and other family members.
- First payment is non-refundable if your child has to cancel due to hotel payment requirements.
- This meet and trip is not mandatory.
- Rio Americano Cross Country Uniform and Gear Store
- Closes on July 9th. If your child would like to purchase their uniforms, please order them before July 9th so that they arrive before the start of the season.
- All other items in the store are not mandatory.
- The store will reopen again when school starts for items such as warm-ups and team bags.
- If you do not plan on purchasing your own uniform to keep, Coach Anton has 20 Girls and 20 Boys uniforms to be checked out for the season and must be returned.
- RAAB membership, Athletic Clearance, Field Trip Chaperone, etc.
- RAAB fees must be paid by mid-season.
- Payment options include $75 for a single sport and $125 for multiple sports.
- These fees help pay for races, stipends, and miscellaneous sport needs.
- VDOT 02 Training App (app available via the App Store or Google Play)
- The app and account are free.
- Any GPS enabled watch that works with Garmin Connect or Strava will work with VDOT 02.
- Smartphone apps may also be used but may present a challenge to carry/hold while running.
VDOT 02 can be used with Garmin Connect or Strava. So, you can use any GPS watch or Smartphone app to connect to either of these services which will then communicate to VDOT 02 after authorization (see screen shot below).