Practice Officially Begins
The official start to Fall Sports Practice is August 5, 2019! Please be sure to check riotrackxc.com or add the riotrackxc google calendar for up to date practice days and times. We have several days the next couple of weeks with different practice times. With School starting August 15th we will transition to a standard after school practice schedule of M/TU/W/F 3:30PM and Thursdays at 2:30PM.
Sports Physicals and SportsNet Athletic Clearance
There is a new vendor handling sports clearances. With the new school year fast approaching, please make sure your clearance is complete! You will not be able to participate if you have not been cleared! You can find instructions on the clearance process here. If you need to have a physical and can’t get a timely appointment with your doctor, Rio Americano will be having Dr. Sokolov on campus to do physicals for the athletes who will need them. August 7th @ 5:30pm in the Library, the cost is $30 cash.
Our online uniform store will be open this week and closes on August 11th. Athletes can purchase their own or borrow a school provided uniform, the deadline to order uniforms is August 11th. If you are ordering your own uniform you must have a SINGLET and SHORTS, *girls may wear unisex shorts. Warm ups are recommended but optional. Use the uniform sizing chart on the link and or Coach Anton has uniform samples/sizes available. If borrowing uniform for the season please tell coach your size. We will open the uniform store again after school has started but can not guarantee those items will be received prior to our first meet.
2019 Cross Country Shirt
Each year the team creates a fun shirt for the athletes to wear, the 2019 Cross Country shirt is available for purchase here; this is not a uniform piece and not required.
Woodbridge Cross Country Classic
This year, the Rio Cross Country team will again compete in the Woodbridge High School Cross Country Classic Race at the Silverlakes Sports Complex in Norco on Friday, September 20, 2019, followed the next day (Saturday, September 21, 2019) by a trip to Disneyland. The group will leave the Rio High School parking lot in cars driven by parents, after school on Thursday, September 19, returning on Sunday, September 22 (that means that students will miss school on Friday, September 20). All forms and the itinerary for the trip can be accessed at riotrackxc.com. Please review the Itinerary for trip cost breakdowns and details.
STUDENTS: To join the team on this non-mandatory trip, you must:
- Complete the Student Field Trip Authorization form and the Student Contract and return them to Coach Anton; and
- Pay for the trip either by check, made payable to Rio Americano Athletic Boosters (RAAB) or by credit card through RAAB’s online payment system (NOTE: a 3.1% service fee is charged when paying via credit card). Also note that the cost of the trip increased by a bit to reflect the summer increase in the price for Disneyland tickets. If you’ve already paid in full, don’t worry about the increase. The trip can be paid in full or in two increments of $175 each, with the first payment due July 15, and the final payment due August 16. If this timeline creates a problem for you, let Coach Anton know and we can try to make other arrangements.
PARENTS: Would you like to be a parent driver and chaperone on this trip? If yes, THANK YOU! Driving to Southern California with a carload of kids is truly a labor of love. The trip is a blast and you will have a great time getting to know all the fabulous Rio parents, coaches, and runners! We appreciate your willingness to help make this trip possible! For the safety of our students, there are three steps necessary for a parent to serve as a driver:
- You must complete a Volunteer Personal Automobile Use Form and submit it along with a copy of your driver’s license and insurance policy declaration page back to the Rio principal’s office. This form must be completed each year, so if you completed it last year, you still need to fill out a new one this year (Coach Anton has hard copies of this document if you’d prefer to get one from him instead).
- Complete an Adult/Parent/Guardian/Chaperone Field Trip Authorization form and return it to Anton (or pick up a hard copy of this form from Anton to complete).
- You must have your fingerprints on file in the San Juan Unified School District Office. (Fingerprints taken for another school district or your job will not work.) To do this, complete a San Juan Unified School District Human Resources Fingerprint Authorization Form, also available in the principal’s office at Rio. This form must contain an original signature from Principal Ginter. Coach Anton also has a few of these signed forms if you’d like to get one from him. Once you complete this form, you’ll need to make an appointment with the San Juan Unified School District to get fingerprinted. Do this as soon as possible, as it takes a few weeks to process. It is free for parent volunteers. If you have already been fingerprinted by the San Juan Unified School District, please provide us with the following information about you so that we can make sure the district has your fingerprints on file: Full Legal Name, Date of Birth and last four digits of your Social Security Number.
The kids generally head to Disneyland with other kids, so parents have Saturday to themselves. Parent chaperones may book rooms at the same hotel in which the students are staying by using their credit cards. A block of rooms (at a discount rate) has been reserved under the Rio Americano High School Cross Country Team. All rooms reserved include two queen-sized beds, with a twin roll-away bed option. To reserve a parent room, call the in-house reservation line at Howard Johnson at 714/766-6120, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. You must reserve your parent room by August 15 at the latest.