We strongly encourage all athletes to attend practice at El Camino on the days assigned for their discipline / event however, we understand that transportation may be an issue for some. We will have at least one coach remain at Rio for any athletes that can’t make it to El Camino due to transportation issues.
Coaches will continue to communicate practice times and changes to the athletes however, you can check riotrackxc.com for the current Track & Field calendar as well as any news updates. Additionally, if you use Google Calendars, you can add the Rio Track & Field calendar.
- MONDAY (2/25) – Sprint & Field Events Group Practice at ECHS from 3:30 – 5 p.m. Distance Group Practice at RAHS from 3:15 to 5 p.m.
- TUESDAY (2/26) – Full Team Practice at RAHS from 3:15 to 5 p.m.
- WEDNESDAY (2/27) – Sprint & Field Events Group Practice at ECHS from 3:30 to 5 p.m. Distance Group Practice at RAHS from 3:15 to 5 p.m.
- THURSDAY (2/28) – Sprint & Field Events Group – 2 – 3:30 p.m. Distance Group Practice at ECHS from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m.
- FRIDAY (3/1) – Sprint & Field Events Group Practice at ECHS from 3:30 to 5 p.m. Distance Group Practice at RAHS from 3:15 to 5 p.m. Distance Group Practice at RAHS from 3:15 to 5 p.m.
- SATURDAY (3/2) – CSUS High School Track Classic. California State University, Sacramento. Meet starts at 10:00 a.m.
Sacramento State H.S. Track Classic (3/2/2019)
This is a highly competitive selection only meet, we expect about a dozen of our athletes will be accepted. Only the top 32 Athletes entered by all schools in each event will be selected. We have submitted our athletes marks and are waiting to hear from the meet organizer to see which of our athletes will make the cut and be entered in the meet. The Coaches will inform Athletes accepted into the meet by Thursday, February 28th. The Majority of our athletes will not be participating in this meet, however we invite and encourage all athletes to attend and take in the excitement of a high caliber selection meet held on one of the fastest tracks in the country.
RAAB Membership Dues
If you haven’t already done so, please pay your RAAB dues as soon as possible. Dues are $75 per player for one sport, or $125 for the year for multiple sports. These dues are critical to the success of our Athletic Programs at Rio, paying for coaching stipends, operating expenses, etc. It’s a small amount to pay for all that our children receive from the sports programs. RAAB Membership Dues
https://riotrackxc.com/ is our up to date source for RIO Track & Field information! Please bookmark and visit often. We will also have a weekly email communication as well as the use of the Remind App to keep you informed. Please sign up and spread the word!
Go to the Rio Track and Field Mailing List and sign up to be on our email communication list.
Additionally, you may visit the Rio Track and XC Remind page to add your email or cell number to the Remind contact list.
We will be using our website as well as a weekly email for updates.
The Remind platform will be used for time sensitive communications.